A complete matter-management solution allowing conveyancers and support staff to run a busy conveyancing practice. Each step in the transaction is set out in sequential order with easy access to all required precedents and a simple but comprehensive commentary. Includes the By Lawyers Contract of Sale of Land.
Commentary covers all issues that arise regularly and more complex issues that arise from time to time. The publication includes our reference manuals 1001 Conveyancing Answers, 101 Section 32 Answers and 101 Section 27 Answers.
Recent updates can be viewed on Obiter - our News & Updates site.
Popular precedents include:
- Contract of sale of land – By Lawyers
- Letter to council with outstanding rates and notice of acquisition
- Letter to water authority with outstanding rates and notice of acquisition
- Initial letter to purchaser
- Letter to vendor's solicitor with adjustments
- Letter to vendor enclosing transfer and goods declaration
- Direction to pay to purchaser's solicitor
- Letter to purchaser after settlement
- General advice to purchaser
- Letter to discharging mortgagee requesting discharge
- Contract of Sale of Real Estate
Guides in this publication
“ Contents ”
“ Condition enuring – vacant possession We act for the Vendor. At the auction, a section 27 statement was acknowledged by the purchaser. The 28 days period elapses on the 27th March 2013. We have received an objection to the release of the deposit monies on the basis that vacant possession is a ... ”
“ No mortgage, any other grounds to refuse Hi All, Appreciate this may be an on-going revolving door question, and appreciate that deposit release issue is ultimately up to negotiation, irrespective of the basic ground rules for release or not (e.g. more than 80% owing in mortgage), although, if ... ”
“ Breach of contract Can a breach of an easement undisclosed in Section 32 constitute a defect in title allowing the purchaser to oppose the release of deposit? ”
“ Time for release 28 days Re: Release of deposit by Vendor under S27 Vendor has incorporated particulars required by S27 of Sale of Land Act in the Vendor's Statement. No mortgages and no Caveats. They have subsequently sent an Authority for early release of deposit to be signed by purchasers only. ”
“ Agent taking commission from released deposit Our client, the vendor, signed a Contract of Sale of commercial property prepared by the agent. The agent advised the client that the sale will not be affected by GST. The agent was incorrect and as a result the client had to pay GST. The client ... ”