This bundle includes guides from the following three publications.
Recent updates can be viewed at Obiter - News & Updates, via the link above.
A complete matter-management solution allowing conveyancers and support staff to run a busy conveyancing practice. Each step in the transaction is set out in sequential order with easy access to all required precedents and a simple but comprehensive commentary. Includes the By Lawyers Contract of Sale of Land.
Commentary covers all issues that arise regularly and more complex issues that arise from time to time. The publication includes our reference manuals 1001 Conveyancing Answers, 101 Section 32 Answers and 101 Section 27 Answers.
Popular precedents include:
- Contract of sale of land – By Lawyers
- Letter to council with outstanding rates and notice of acquisition
- Letter to water authority with outstanding rates and notice of acquisition
- Initial letter to purchaser
- Letter to vendor's solicitor with adjustments
- Letter to vendor enclosing transfer and goods declaration
- Direction to pay to purchaser's solicitor
- Letter to purchaser after settlement
- General advice to purchaser
- Letter to discharging mortgagee requesting discharge
- Contract of Sale of Real Estate
Supreme Court Civil VIC
This comprehensive and easy to follow publication provides commentary and precedents for the conduct of Supreme Court proceedings when acting for either a plaintiff or defendant and includes a supplementary enforcement guide, demonstrating the use of precedents guide and 101 subpoena answers reference manual.
From letters of demand and offers of compromise to final hearing, appeals and enforcement, this publication provides focused and practical guidance on procedure and documents and is a must-have for all lawyers acting for clients in the Supreme Court.
Popular precedents provided with this guide include:
- Library of letters of demand and example response to letter of demand
- Example offer of compromise and Calderbank offer
- Library of example consent orders
- Example content for seeking injunctive relief
- Example terms of settlement
- Example deeds of release
- Library of events for initiating application
- Example defence
- Example content for substituted service, and amending initiating application
- Example content for interlocutory steps including cross claim, defence to cross claim, summary judgment, summary dismissal, consolidation, security for costs, default judgment, and notice of discontinuance – content for both application and affidavits in support
- Example interrogatories, and content for setting aside subpoenas and notices to produce
- Example letter instructing expert witness and enclosing Expert Witness Code of Conduct
Companies, Trusts, Partnerships and Superannuation
This valuable publication provides a simple guide to companies, trusts, partnerships, joint ventures and superannuation, with all commonly required documents, allowing you to advise and service your clients with confidence.
Superannuation is explained simply and comprehensively, and is accompanied by a full suite of precedents, including everything needed to set-up, run and amend a self managed superannuation fund.
The commentary provides a tax and succession planning overview sufficient for most circumstances found in general practice.
Recent updates can be viewed on Obiter - our News & Updates site.
Some of the most popular precedents included in this publication:
- Comparative table of business structures
- Limited recourse borrowing documentation
- Company constitution
- Company resolution
- Shareholder agreement (long and short forms)
- Agreement for sale of shares
- SMSF trust deed and rules
- Binding death benefit nomination
- Unit trust
- Discretionary trust deed
- Hybrid trust
- Joint venture agreement
- Partnership agreement
- Put and Call option
- Charitable trust
Guides in this publication
- SALE OF REAL PROPERTY (VIC)
- PURCHASE OF REAL PROPERTY (VIC)
- 1001 Conveyancing Answers (VIC)
- 101 Section 32 Answers (VIC)
- 101 Section 27 Answers (VIC)
- SUPREME COURT (VIC) - ACTING FOR THE PLAINTIFF
- SUPREME COURT (VIC) - ACTING FOR THE DEFENDANT
- ENFORCEMENT (VIC)
- 101 Subpoena Answers
- Demonstrating the use of precedents
- Business structures and the comparative table
- JOINT VENTURES
- SELF MANAGED SUPERANNUATION FUNDS