Comprehensive guides to advising and representing parties in common law personal injury claims under the Civil Liability Act, whether acting for plaintiffs or ...
2 Matter Plans
Comprehensive guides to advising and representing parties in common law personal injury claims under the Civil Liability Act, whether acting for plaintiffs or defendants/insurers. Each matter plan includes detailed commentary, with links to legislation, cases and other and resources, plus with all commonly required forms and precedents.
This helpful publication is a great companion to the District Court and Supreme Court guides.
Recent updates can be viewed at Obiter - News & Updates, via the link above.
The practical commentary covers all aspects of claims, including:
- The principles of liability
- Commencing or defending claims
- Negotiating and settling claims both before and after litigation is commenced
- Lay and expert evidence
- Assessing damages
- Documenting settlements
The publication includes many helpful required precedents, including:
- Retainer instructions, Costs agreements and To do lists
- Letters to clients, insurers, doctors, government authorities and so on, gathering information
- Medical authorities
- Instructions to settle
- Example content for pleadings, schedule of damages and other documents
- Recent updates to all By Lawyers guides can be viewed at Obiter - News & Updates.
Ready To Use Resources
Choose from ready-to-use legal documents within this Publication.